from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An island of the southern Inner Hebrides of western Scotland. Farming, fishing, and distilling are important to its economy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The southernmost island of the inner Hebrides in Scotland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small evergreen tree, Prunus ilicifolia, a native of the California coast-ranges from San Francisco bay south.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an island of western Scotland at the southern end of the Inner Hebrides
- n. California evergreen wild plum with spiny leathery leaves and white flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.