from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- In the Bible, a son of Jacob and Leah and the forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Ninth son of Jacob, by his wife Leah.
- proper n. One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Issachar.
- proper n. A male given name
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Old Testament) a son of Jacob and a forebear of one of the tribes of Israel
Old Testament Hebrew יִשָּׂשׁכָר (Issachar), a son of Jacob. (Wiktionary)