from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An association of eight universities and colleges in the northeast United States, comprising Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton, the University of Pennsylvania, and Yale.
- adj. Of or resembling the traditions of the Ivy League.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An association of eight universities and colleges in the USA, known for high quality.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a league of universities and colleges in the northeastern United States that have a reputation for scholastic achievement and social prestige
Both the song are featured on his first release 2005 on the label Ivy League, a mini-album entitled Feeding the Wolves.
American media began to use the term Ivy League in the 1930s since many of the historic buildings of the eight schools were covered with ivy, symbolizing their age and tradition.
The term Ivy League apparently is getting applied to any highly selective college but it's really just an athletic conference consisting of the following eight schools: Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard,
Jane Doe is described as an Ivy League graduate who works in film and television industry according to Webb.
The Liberation catalogue features the labels Ivy League, Illusive Sounds, Liberator and Liberation.
The Ivy League is the only one of the 31 conferences that does not have a conference tournament.
The truth is that I did not cheat on the paper, but neither did I deserve the Ivy League, which is just something I have to live with.
In addition, Stanford University isn't a member of the Ivy League, which is composed of eight East Coast colleges and universities.
* Reminder: the Ivy League is a sports conference, not an academic one.
The validation and commemoration of ability are a big part of what a management consultant might call the Ivy League “value proposition.”
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.