from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Berber people of northeast Algeria.
- n. The Berber language of this people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the ethnic group that speaks the Kabyle language.
- proper n. A Northern Berber language of the Berber branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family, spoken by over 3,000,000 people in Algeria; native name Taqbaylit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Berber, as in Algiers or Tunis. See Berber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a Berber race dwelling in Algeria, particularly in the mountains of the coast.
- n. A dialect of Berber, spoken by many of the Kabyles.
Arabic qabā'ilu, pl. of qabīla, tribe, from qabila, to receive; see qbl in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)