from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A lake in Tajikistan.
- proper n. A lake in Xinjiang province, China.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A type of Astrakhan, esp. in fine grades, obtained from the Karakul sheep. See sense 2 and cf. caracul.
- proper n. A hardy coarse-haired sheep of central Asia, bearing a soft curly fleece that is black in the young lambs, but which grows brown or gray when adult; the lambs are valued for their soft curly black fur.
- proper n. A large lake in the Pamirs of Central Asia, lying 13,200 feet above sea level.
Sorry, no etymologies found.