from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people inhabiting northwest California, closely related in culture to the Yurok.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Hokan language of the Karok.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Native American tribe of Northwestern California.
- proper n. A member of this tribe.
- proper n. The Hokan language of these people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Quoratean language of the Karok
- n. a member of a North American Indian people of the Klamath river valley in northern California
From Karok káruk, upstream.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)