American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of west-central Honshu, Japan, north-northeast of Osaka. Founded in the eighth century, it has long been a cultural, artistic, and religious center. Kyoto was Japan's capital from 794 until 1869, although its political importance declined after the rise of the shoguns (1192). Population: 1,470,000.
- n. A city in Japan on the island of Honshu that once served as Japan’s capital.
- n. The Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change -- An amendment to the international treaty on climate change, assigning mandatory targets for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions to signatory nations.
- n. a city in central Japan on southern Honshu; a famous cultural center that was once the capital of Japan
- From Japanese 京都 (kyōto, "capital"). (Wiktionary)
“Nicky Loh/Reuters KYOTO KIMONOS: Women in traditional costumes took pictures of an evening light show at the famous Kiyomizudera temple in Kyoto, Japan, Thursday.”
“KYOTO Traditional Japanese Soap J-List strives to surprise and delight our customers every day, and the Kyoto soaps we've added to the site today -- in beautiful sakura and momiji shapes -- would be perfect for your Christmas list.”
“The only logical reason for disallowing this in Kyoto is that it is an area where North America has a real advantage.”
“The whole story is set against the background of the religious festival year in Kyoto from the cherry-blossom spring to the snow-glittering winter.”
“Finally, the Kyoto is a start – we need to start DOING something about CO2 NOW, tighten the limits over time, bring more Countries in as the protocol kicks in, not more discussions.”
“And Kyoto remained a huge sticking point, with the European Union and the US looking to replace it with a new treaty into which they would incorporate what they called Kyoto's "best parts".”
“Kiyomizu temple in Kyoto is one of Japan’s most famous temples and a must-see sightseeing spot for anyone visiting the country.”
“If you think a pop-up book is impressive, check this one out: a pop-up diorama of the Kinkaku-ji Zen Buddhist temple in Kyoto, Japan, made entirely out of LEGO blocks!”
“Now developers in Kyoto are contrasting that minimalist approach with luxury furnishings at the 9h Hotel, which will open in December.”
“Unlike the last time there was a conference of this magnitude (in Kyoto), the United States will take part in the deliberations and (I hope) agree to abide by the resolutions.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Kyoto’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Looking for tweets for Kyoto.