Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The day on which is held the festival of the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary, March 25th. See annunciation.
- n. 25th March, an English quarter day.
- n. 25th March, Christian holy day, the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The day of the annunciation of the Virgin Mary, March 25. See annunciation.
- n. a festival commemorating the announcement of the Incarnation by the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
“At one time I fancied it might refer to March, the month in which Lady Day occurred, thus referring to the Patron Saint, St Mary.”
“On Lady Day the Bishop wrote to his sisters: ” 'This day, twelve years ago, I saw your faces for the last time; and so I told Mary Atkin, my good young friend's only sister, as we stood on the beach just now, watching the' Southern Cross 'carrying away her only brother and some forty other people to Norfolk Island.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Lady Day’.
Here I'm attempting to list words which have to do with what the Century Dictionary defines as "a definite compensation or return reserved by a lease, to be made periodically, or fixed with referen...
Looking for tweets for Lady Day.