from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. 25th March, an English quarter day.
- n. 25th March, Christian holy day, the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The day of the annunciation of the Virgin Mary, March 25. See annunciation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The day on which is held the festival of the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary, March 25th. See annunciation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a festival commemorating the announcement of the Incarnation by the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
Sorry, no etymologies found.