from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A river rising in southeast Yukon Territory, Canada, and flowing about 1,215 km (755 mi) southeast into northern British Columbia then northeast to the Mackenzie River in southwest Northwest Territories.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Gray.
- n. A French copper coin of one fourth the value of a sou.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Gray or dapplegray: applied to a horse.
- Gray: applied generally.
- n. A dapple-gray horse.
- n. The color gray or dapple-gray.
- n. A small coin formerly current in France, from the fifteenth century, “worth three deniers, or the fourth part of a sol.”
- n. The tacamahac, or balsampoplar, Populus balsamifera, of northern North America.
Sorry, no etymologies found.