from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A former duchy of northwest Europe. Founded in the 11th century, it was incorporated into the Netherlands in 1815 and divided into the Dutch and Belgian provinces of Limburg in 1839.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A province of the Netherlands.
- proper n. A province of Belgium.
- proper n. The undivided province (1815-1839)
- proper n. The historic duchy the name of the province(s) were meant to preserve.
Sorry, no etymologies found.