from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Carolus Linnaeus or to the system of taxonomic classification and binomial nomenclature that he originated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to Carolus Linnaeus, Swedish naturalist, either personally (i.e. "a Linnaean name") or in a wider sense, of the era influenced by him
- adj. Of, or relating to the binomial nomenclature originated by him
- adj. Relating to the nomenclature Codes that have their starting point in a work by Linnaeus or are derived from such a Code. This includes the idea of a ranked taxonomy, which of course was not initiated by Linnaeus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Linnæus, the celebrated Swedish botanist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Linnaeus or to the system of taxonomic classification that Linnaeus proposed
After Carolus Linnaeus (1707-1778), Swedish naturalist who helped to standardize biological nomenclature. (Wiktionary)