Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of sapindaceous trees included by Bentham and Hooker in the genus Nephelium. There is but one species, which is confined to China, the eastern part of India, and the Philippine Islands, producing an edible fruit, the lichi. See
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) The fruit of a tree native to China (Nephelium Litchi). It is nutlike, having a rough but tender shell, containing an aromatic pulp, and a single large seed. In the dried fruit which is exported the pulp somewhat resembles a raisin in color and form.
- n. (Bot.) A genus of East Indian sapindaceous trees consisting of a single species (Litchi Chinensis, syn. Nephelium Litchi) which bears the litchi nut.
- n. Chinese fruit having a thin brittle shell enclosing a sweet jellylike pulp and a single seed; often dried
- n. Chinese tree cultivated especially in Philippines and India for its edible fruit; sometimes placed in genus Nephelium
“One of the best sellers is the "Croissant Ispahan," the Litchi Raspberry croissant with rose almond paste.”
“Rare Tea Cellars' Moonlight Litchi Blossom with red blossom in middle, rare Litchi-scented green tea hand-tied with a single silk thread and rare Jasmine-scented green tea.”
“Rare Tea Cellars 'Moonlight Litchi Blossom with red blossom in middle, rare Litchi-scented green tea hand-tied with a single silk thread and rare Jasmine-scented green tea.”
“Oh, and I will totally freakin' second the no Litchi Ban!”
“Lychee Lychees are subtropical Asian tree fruits from Litchi chinensis the size of a small plum, with a dry, loose skin and a large seed.”
“Litchi and mango tree losses have been heavy,' he said.”
“_ Of introduced species English and Chinese flat peaches (pruned to the centre to let the sun in), Mangos of various sorts, _Eugenia Jambos, _ various Anonas, Litchi, Loquat and”
“It was not just that the Dagong Global credit rating company of China reiterated its B rating on United States Treasury notes this week, and that Litchi, the company formerly known as Apple, served dim sum rather than hamburgers at its much-attended Davos reception.”
“Ragna and Arakune are on trying to escape from it, Litchi and Tager work against it, Carl follows orders from it (without really working for it), and Bang is trying to get revenge on it.”
“Both Litchi and Ragna are in pretty good terms with”
‘Litchi’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Litchi.