from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to Liverpool in the United Kingdom.
- n. A native or resident of Liverpool in the United Kingdom.
- n. someone connected with Liverpool Football Club, as a fan, player, coach etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to the inhabitants of Liverpool.
- adj. of or pertaining to Liverpool.
- n. A resident of Liverpool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Liverpool.
- n. An inhabitant of Liverpool.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Liverpool or its people
- n. a native or resident of Liverpool
BOSTON, Massachusetts (AFP) - To paraphrase Liverpudlian legend John Lennon, all the Boston
I was reading an interesting article in a British newspaper, and the woman featured in it mentioned a "Liverpudlian accent", which made me do a double-take: I figured "Liverpudlian" represented the adjective of "Liverpool", but it seemed odd because they threw a "d" in there.
She phoned the Police and two came round, a WPC who I knew and a little 'Liverpudlian' copper.
This milestone gives NPR's Art Silverman a chance to acknowledge a favorite Liverpudlian did for him.
Not only is the Liverpudlian unbeaten in ten, he's also won nine of those fights via submission.
Instead Dalglish set about restoring Liverpudlian values that were already there.
In one grand twist Ferguson has relied on a Liverpudlian or Evertonian, strictly to place Anfield's joint record of 18 titles in jeopardy.
The Liverpudlian auteur's 2008 doc Of Time And The City reminded us just how much we missed him, and how charming his company could be, so it's good to see him back with his first feature since 2000's House Of Mirth.
Cleverly's decision over the Liverpudlian read 114-114, 116-113, 117-112.
For a long time afterwards, she could only mimic the outsize confidence she had inherited from her mother, a successful Liverpudlian market trader who bullied and cajoled and war profiteered and also drank, heavily, but never failed to tell her daughter that she could do anything she put her mind to.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.