from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of Maratha.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of Maratha.
- proper n. Alternative form of Maratha.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a numerous people inhabiting the southwestern part of India. Also, the language of the Mahrattas; Mahrati. It is closely allied to Sanskrit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a race of Hindus inhabiting western and central India, who in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries conquered and ruled many states, of which they formed a confederation, but which are now largely under British rule.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a people of India living in Maharashtra
Sorry, no etymologies found.