American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Robin Hood's sweetheart.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Originally, the queen of the May, one of the characters in the old morris-dance, often a man in woman's clothes.
- n. A kind of dance; a morris-dance or Moorish dance.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The lady of the May games; one of the characters in a morris dance; a May queen. Afterward, a grotesque character personated in sports and buffoonery by a man in woman's clothes.
- n. A kind of dance.
- adj. A prominent character in the legend of Robin Hood.
“There's no more faith in thee than in a stewed prune; nor no more truth in thee than in a drawn fox; and for womanhood, Maid Marian may be the deputy's wife of the ward to thee.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Maid Marian’.
Looking for tweets for Maid Marian.