American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A Hebrew prophet of the sixth century B.C.
- n. See Table at Bible.
- n. biblical A book of the Old Testament of Bible, and of the Tanakh.
- n. biblical A minor prophet.
- n. A male given name mostly used in Ireland as an anglicization of two Gaelic names.
- n. an Old Testament book containing the prophecies of Malachi
- n. a Hebrew minor prophet of the 5th century BC
- Hebrew "my messenger". (Wiktionary)
- Hebrew Mal'ākî, my messenger : mal'āk, messenger; see lאk in Semitic roots + -î, my.After Malachi. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Malachi is an experienced, elegant and precise teacher with an exceptional understanding of the body.”
“As a christian i believe the bible is the word of God and in Malachi 2: 16 "I hate divorce," Says the Lord God of Israel .........”
“Some would like to label Malachi a crazed loner, like the Unibomber, but hurting himself instead of others, and doing it out in the open instead of in a secluded little outhouse.”
“UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The Chinese have a special spirit called Malachi (ph) which is very, very fierce indeed, so only a little bit of it, I would suggest.”
“The analogy of the headings of other prophets, however, favors the common view that Malachi is a proper name.”
“Malachi is the last inspired messenger of the Old Testament, announcing the advent of the Great Messenger of the New Testament.”
“Malachi is the name of an office, rather than a person, "My messenger," and as such is found in Mal 3: 1.”
“The explanation is: the passage in Malachi rests on that in Isa 40: 3, and therefore the original source of the prophecy is referred to in order to mark this dependency and connection. the Lord -- Ha-Adon in Hebrew.”
“Of the three prophets of the restoration, two, Haggai and Zechariah, are at the beginning of the period, and the remaining one, Malachi, is at the close.”
“The honourable mention that is made of Moses, the first writer of the Old Testament, in Malachi, the last writer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Malachi’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for Malachi.