from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Manchester, England.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Manchester, England.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Related or pertaining to Manchester, England.
- n. A person raised or living in the city of Manchester, England.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or resident of Manchester
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the English city of Manchester or its residents
From Latin Mancunium, Manchester, of Celtic origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Mancunium an alternative name for or corruption of Mamucium, the name of the Roman fort at site. (Wiktionary)