from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of Mandean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A believer in, or follower of, Mandaeism
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a very ancient religious body, still found, though its members are few, in the southern part of Babylonia.
- n. The dialect of Aramaic in which the four sacred books of the Mandæans are written.
- Pertaining to the Mandæans or to Mandæism. Also Mendœan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the form of Aramaic used by the Mandeans
- n. a member of a small Gnostic sect that originated in Jordan and survives in Iraq and who believes that John the Baptist was the Messiah
- adj. of or relating to the Mandaean people or their language or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.