American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A tuberculin test in which a small amount of tuberculin is injected under the skin.
- n. immunology A skin test for tuberculosis, involving an injection of PPD (purified protein derivative).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) A skin test for hypersensitivity to tuberculin. It determines whether there is or has been any infection with tubercle bacilli.
- n. tuberculin (a derivative of tubercle bacillus) is injected intradermally; a red area appearing 1-3 days later signifies an exposure (past or present) to tubercle bacilli and the need for further testing
- Named for Charles Mantoux (1877-1947), French physicist. (Wiktionary)
- After Charles Mantoux (1877-1947), French physician. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘Mantoux test’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Mantoux test.