from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a South American Indian people inhabiting south-central Chile.
- n. The Araucanian language of the Mapuche. Also called Mapudungun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An indigenous group of inhabitants of Central and Southern Chile and Southern Argentina.
- proper n. The language of the Mapuche people.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to the Mapuche.
- n. A person of the Mapuche.
Mapuche : mapu, earth + che, people.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Mapudungun Mapuce (Wiktionary)