American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A Native American people sharing reservation lands with the Pima in south-central Arizona.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Yuman language of the Maricopa.
- n. Native American peoples: The Maricopa belong to the Yuman linguistic stock, a part of the Hokan family. They originate in the Colorado River area, but following an exodus in the 1700s or 1800s, they live amongst the Pima in the vicinity of the Gila and Salt Rivers.
- n. County in Arizona, includes the capital of the state. (derived from first meaning)
- n. Town in Kern County, California.
- n. the Yuman language spoken by the Maricopa and the Halchidhoma
- n. a member of a North American Indian people of the Gila river valley in Arizona
“Some of the worst detention conditions documented by immigrant rights advocates have been in Maricopa County, AZ -- under the purview of the infamous Sheriff Joe Arpaio.”
“According to the East Valley Tribune, that population is about 75 percent of the 8,000 people being held in Maricopa County jails.”
“While the ruling may be a step forward for detainee rights in Maricopa County jails, it's hardly progress for Arizona as a whole.”
“It goes along with this moron sheriff we have in Maricopa county and now the one in Cochise county.”
“I live in Maricopa county and have all of my life.”
“If the statistics for Maricopa is far less, than than should be used as an objective measure.”
“Hispanic males are now the majority in Maricopa County (AZ) jails due to a series of law enforcement measures that target immigrants and some say have led to rampant racial profiling.”
“Polk had stayed out of the legal drama in Maricopa County, and her remarks offer the first insight from an outside law-enforcement official who has some knowledge of the cases Arpaio and Thomas have lodged against county officials.”
“Now, Thomas wants a former state Supreme Court justice to investigate his neighboring prosecutors as part of what he calls “an orchestrated campaign to pressure law enforcement in Maricopa County to drop charges against influential criminal defendants and suspects.””
“Constitution is dead in Maricopa County. anti_fascist_freedom_fighter on”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Maricopa’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
people, places and names of things in Arizona
Looking for tweets for Maricopa.