from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southwest Luzon, Philippines, a suburb of Manila. Population: 391,000.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small marmoset (Midas rosalia); the silky tamarin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sort of squirrel-monkey, the silky marmoset or tamarin, Midas or Jacchus rosalia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I understand that he is beloved in Marikina (where his wife is mayor) and that he has done wonderful things elsewhere, but please please please just leave us alone, Mr. Wonderful.
OPPOSITION Sen. Chiz Escudero yesterday urged government to revisit Manila, particularly in areas traversed by the (West) Valley fault (formerly called Marikina fault)
Associated Press Filipinos watch the live satellite broadcast at Marikina city, east of Manila, Philippines.
Nearly 800 people evacuated their homes Tuesday along the Marikina River, which is known for flooding.
Reuters Supporters watched the bout between Philippine boxing champion and Congressman Manny Pacquiao against Juan Manuel Marquez of Mexico during a public screening of their WBO welterweight fight in Marikina City, Metro Manila on Nov. 13.
Some Parents-Teachers and Community Associations (PTCA) have already issued statements of support for HB 3719, among them, the PTCA of Marikina City and Rizal province, as well as the Public School District Supervisors Association of Marikina City.
I'm writing this not to pressure the SM management in Marikina to return the lost belongings of my wife.
Indeed, the city of Marikina was among those that sustained the most damage.
• NEC has also confirmed an outbreak of Leptospirosis in 3 barangays in Marikina (Tumana, Concepcion, Malanday). 230 cases of Leptospirosis (197 adult, 33 pediatric) are reported from DOH hospitals and reports from private hospitals are still incoming.
• CFSI continues to provide psychosocial care for 6 barangays in Marikina, 2 barangays and one relocation site in Cainta, and in the major evacuation center in Pasig.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.