American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A member of the Society of Mary, a congregation of Roman Catholic missionary priests founded in 1824.
- n. A member of the Little Brothers of Mary, a Roman Catholic teaching congregation founded in 1817.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a Roman Catholic congregation devoted to the management of schools, instruction in industry and agriculture, etc. It was founded at Bordeaux in 1818, and has many establishments in France and other countries. Unlike the Brethren of the Christian Schools, the Marists receive pay from their pupils.
- Pertaining or relating to the Virgin Mary; devoted to the service of the Virgin: as, Marist monks.
- French Mariste, from Marie, the Virgin Mary, from Late Latin Maria; see marionette. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Marist is crashing the power-packed Dayton Regional.”
“Take for example Fiji’s closest neighbour and Bainairama’s closest friend since his days in Marist College, the Prime Minister of Tonga Feleti Sevele.”
“Hall chipped in 12 for Marist, which is 11-3 all-time in MAAC openers.”
“extreme and outrageous conduct" and violated the American with Disabilities Act. The problems started last November when Lyons apparently called Marist assistant coach”
“Ranson, who has skipped from the high school ranks to running his own AAU team in his native Baltimore to coaching at schools such as Marist, James Madison and – this past season – at Xavier, will assume Driesell’s role as the program’s recruiting coordinator.”
“A Marist Poll, for instance, found that 64% of New York voters support preserving New York's millionaire's tax, which hits residents of the state who earn $500,000 or more a year.”
“The Marist poll was conducted August 3-6, with 938 U.S. residents questioned by telephone.”
“Sixty-one percent of people questioned in a Marist survey released Tuesday say Palin's resignation was a bad political move, while 15 percent feel it helps whatever political aspirations last year's Republican vice presidential nominee may have in the future.”
“CNN reports that the most recent Marist poll (conducted August 3-6, 2009) indicates that most Americans do not think that Palin's decision to step down as Governor of Alaska was a smart political move.”
“The Marist survey is the latest national poll that suggests Pawlenty is in the low single digits when it comes to support.”
‘Marist’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Marist.