from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Mauritania or of Mauritanian descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Mauritania, the Mauritanian people or the Mauritanian language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Mauritania, an ancient kingdom of northwestern Africa, afterward a Roman province, corresponding to parts of modern Morocco and Algeria.
- n. One of the race inhabiting ancient Mauritania, called by the Romans Mauri, ancestors of the modern Berbers, or true Moors. See Moor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Mauritania
- adj. of or related to the island or country of Mauritius or its inhabitants
Mauritania + -an (Wiktionary)