from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of north-central Belgium north-northeast of Brussels. Founded in the early Middle Ages, it enjoyed its greatest prosperity during the 15th and early 16th centuries. Population: 78,900.
- n. A lace in which the pattern details are defined by a flat thread. Also called malines.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Dated form of Mechelen. (city in Belgium)
- n. A kind of lace made at, or originating in, Mechelen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of lace made at, or originating in, Mechlin, in Belgium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or produced at Mechlin or Malines in Belgium.
- n. Same as Mechlin lace.
After Mechlin 1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)