from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dark discoloration of the skin, usually local.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abnormal access of color of the skin, local or general, usually dependent upon constitutional disorder; local pigmentary stains of the skin. The morbid process is called melanopathia. Addison's disease is known as suprarenal melasma.
- n. [capitalized] In zoö.: A genus of melanian mollusks.
- n. A genus of tenebrionine beetles, based on M. lineatum of the Canaries.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tan discoloration of a woman's face that is associated with pregnancy or with the use of oral contraceptives
Sorry, no etymologies found.