from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or designating Gregor Mendel or his theories of genetics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to Gregor Mendel or his theories of genetics
- adj. Following Gregor Mendel's laws of intergenerational gene transmission.
- adj. Of or relating to Mendel's laws of gene transmission.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pert. to Mendel, or to Mendel's law.
- adj. Behaving or being in accordance with Mendel's laws of inheritance; -- said of the distribution of inherited characteristics and of traits thus distributed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Gregor Johann Mendel (1822–84), an Austrian naturalist and ecclesiastic, or to the theoretical interpretations of his experiments in heredity or of others of like character: as, the Mendelian law of heredity. See ancestral inheritance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a follower of Mendelism
- adj. of or relating to Gregor Mendel or in accord with Mendel's laws
Sorry, no etymologies found.