from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The theoretical principles of heredity formulated by Gregor Mendel; Mendel's laws.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The whole body of principles of heredity formulated by G. Mendel, that represent the basis of genetics.
- n. The study of heredity of character.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The theory of hybridity and heredity proposed by Gregor Johann Mendel (1822–84) and revived in later years by De Vries, Bateson, and others. See ancestral inheritance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the theory of inheritance based on Mendel's laws
Mendel + -ism (Wiktionary)