from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A southern constellation between Hydrus and Volans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Mensa International; an organization for people with very high IQs.
- proper n. A summer constellation of the southern sky, originally named after Table Mountain in South Africa. It lies between the constellations of Hydrus and Volans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A table, or something resembling a table.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a faint constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere and containing part of the Large Magellanic Cloud
Latin mēnsa, table.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin mensa, "table"; the organization promotes itself as a "round-table" society in which differences in the backgrounds of its members are considered irrelevant. (Wiktionary)