from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Moab.
- n. The Semitic language of Moab.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a native or inhabitant of Moab
- proper n. Extinct Canaanite Semitic language, spoken in Moab (modern-day northwestern Jordan). Extinct since 5th century BCE.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the posterity of Moab, the son of Lot. (Gen. xix. 37.) Also used adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a tribe of people descended from Moab, one of the sons of Lot (Gen. xix. 36, 37), anciently inhabiting the mountainous region lying to the east of the Dead Sea and of the lower part of the river Jordan.
- Pertaining to Moab or the Moabites.
Moab + -ite (Wiktionary)