from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the force that under Baber conquered India in 1526.
- n. A member of the Muslim dynasty founded by Baber that ruled India until 1857.
- n. A Mongol or Mongolian.
- n. A very rich or powerful person; a magnate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Alternative spelling of Moghul.
Persian and Arabic muġul, from Mongolian Moṅgul.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)