from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The Mohorovičić discontinuity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Mohoidae — the oos.
- proper n. The Mohorovičić discontinuity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A gallinule (Notornis Mantelli) formerly inhabiting New Zealand, but now supposed to be extinct. It was incapable of flight. See notornis.
- n. The boundary between the earth's crust and the semiliquid mantle beneath. It varies in depth from 3 miles beneath the surface at certain points in the ocean to over 25 miles under certain parts of continents.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of meliphagine birds peculiar to the Sandwich Islands, named by Lesson in 1831.
- n. [lowercase] Any bird of this genus.
- n. A short-winged, shorttailed rail, Pennula ecaudata, peculiar to Hawaii.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the boundary between the Earth's crust and the underlying mantle
Shortened from Mohorovičić discontinuity. (Wiktionary)