from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of any of the traditionally nomadic peoples of Mongolia.
- n. See Mongolian.
- n. Anthropology A member of the Mongoloid racial division.
- adj. Of or relating to Mongolia, the Mongols, or their language or culture.
- adj. Anthropology Of or relating to the Mongoloid racial division.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A person from Mongolia; a Mongolian.
- proper n. A member of any of the various Mongol ethnic groups living in The Mongolian People's Republic, the (former) USSR, Tibet and Nepal.
- proper n. (usually mongol) A person with Down's syndrome.
- proper n. A member of the nomadic people from the steppes of central Asia who invaded Europe in the 13th Century. The mongol Empire stretched from the Eastern seas of China to the gates of Vienna.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the Mongols.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of an Asiatic race now chiefly resident in Mongolia, a vast region north of China proper and south of Siberia, forming a possession of China.
- Of or pertaining to Mongolia or the Mongols.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the region of Mongolia or its people or their languages or cultures
- n. a member of the nomadic peoples of Mongolia
Mongolian Moṅgol.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Romanisation of Mongolian монгол. (Wiktionary)