from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southwest Belgium near the French border southwest of Brussels. Founded on the site of a Roman camp, it was an important cloth market in the 14th century. Population: 91,200.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A mountain.
- proper n. Capital city of the province of Hainaut, Belgium.
- proper n. A diminutive of the female given name Monica
- proper n. A diminutive of the male given name Montgomery
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, the mons Veneris.
- n. An abbreviation of the French Monsieur.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mound of fatty tissue covering the pubic area in women
Latin mōns ("mountain") (Wiktionary)
Shortened form (Wiktionary)