from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Montenegro, its people, their language, or their culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Montenegro.
- n. A person of Montenegrin descent.
- n. The South Slavic language of the Montenegrins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to Montenegro
- n. A person from Montenegro.
- proper n. The standardized variety of Serbo-Croatian, a South Slavic language, spoken in Montenegro.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to Montenegro, a small country of Europe, east of the Adriatic, nearly surrounded by Austrian and Turkish territory, or to its inhabitants.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Montenegro. The Montenegrins are of Servian race, and speak a dialect of that language.
- n. [lowercase] An outer garment for women, the form of which was taken from some Eastern military costumes, close-fitting, and ornamented with braid-work and embroidery.
Sorry, no etymologies found.