from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dry white wine made from grapes originating in the Loire River valley.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A white grape grown esp. in the Loire Valley in France.
- n. A dry white wine from the Loire Valley in France.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. dry white wine from the Loire valley in France
- n. white grape grown especially in the valley the Loire in France
French, from Old French, from musc, musky odor; see musk.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)