from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A member of a warlike Thessalian people who were ruled by Achilles and followed him on the expedition against Troy.
- n. A faithful follower who carries out orders without question.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. One of a fierce tribe or troop who accompanied Achilles, their king, to the Trojan war.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a fierce tribe or troop who accompanied Achilles, their king, to the Trojan war.
- n. A soldier or a subordinate civil officer who executes cruel orders of a superior without protest or pity; -- sometimes applied to bailiffs, constables, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a warlike ancient Greek people of Phthiotis in Thessaly, over whom, according to the legend, Achilles ruled, and who accompanied him to Troy.
- n. [lowercase] A devoted and unquestioning or unscrupulous follower; one who executes without scruple his master's commands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) a member of the warriors who followed Achilles on the expedition against Troy
- n. a follower who carries out orders without question
The researchers dived 13 reefs - from Myrmidon, which is 75 miles out to sea, to areas around the inshore Palm Island group, just off the mainland.
Dainyl recalled the Myrmidon, because she had been the only woman in first squad " and petite for an alectress.
Copper tended to be used more in crystal-based weapons " such as Myrmidon sidearms.
You can visit the Space Captain Smith site here and the site of Myrmidon Books, the publisher, here.
“Not so far as I can determine, First Myrmidon,” replied the young trooper who was operating the flight control console.
“At once, First Myrmidon,” said Hressh as his talons clacked against his board.
Then we are equals in this matter, First Myrmidon.
Do not be deceived, Second Myrmidon—their ships have surprisingly effective weaponry and evasion capabilities.
“Officially, this system lies far outside Gorn space, First Myrmidon.”
You are floating in a regeneration tank, First Myrmidon.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.