from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of south-central Belgium on the Meuse River southeast of Brussels. Strategically located, it has been the scene of numerous sieges and battles. Population: 108,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A province of Wallonia, Belgium.
- proper n. The capital city of Wallonia.
- proper n. Namur islet, Kwajalein atoll, Marshall Islands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in south central Belgium situated on a promontory between the Meuse River and the Sambre River; the site of intense fighting in World War I and World War II
From Marshallese Nim̧ur. (Wiktionary)