from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the Neptune of Greek mythology
- adj. Of or pertaining to Neptune, the eighth planet of the Solar System
- adj. Formed by the action of water
- adj. Pertaining to the element neptunium
- n. An inhabitant of the planet Neptune.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the ocean or sea.
- adj. Formed by water or aqueous solution.
- proper n. One who adopts the Neptunian theory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Neptune, the god of the sea, or to the ocean or sea itself.
- In geology, formed by water or in its presence.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The objects within the Kuiper belt, together with the members of the scattered disc and any potential Hills cloud or Oort cloud objects, are collectively referred to as trans-Neptunian objects (TNOs).
Now would be a perfect chance to get the kids excited about Kuiper Belt and Trans-Neptunian Objects, and maybe the whole celestial object naming business.
Mercurio D. Rivera's "In the Harsh Glow of its Incandescent Beauty" is a captivating story of revenge on the Neptunian moon of Triton.
Thus astrologers with a dominant Neptune or Uranus tend to attract Neptunian or Uranian subjects respectively.
The Objects of this region are sometimes referred to as Trans-Neptunian Objects.
I want to cover the asteroid belt, comets, dwarf planets particularly TNOs or Trans-Neptunian Objects and interplanetary dust.
His area of research is anthropology of Neptunian culture, specifically *on* the planet Neptune.
From this, I assume that you are a green space alien from Venus made of cheese blown out of the nostril of a Neptunian writing this by focusing your brain waves through the gravitational field of Sirius.
This date in history marks the discovery of what we now refer to as a ‘‘Trans-Neptunian Object’’—Sedna.
The trans-Neptunian objects are members of the solar system like the planets and asteroids, but are too small and distant to have been detected until very recently.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.