from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Nubia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Nubia.
- n. Any of a group of closely related Nilo-Saharan languages spoken in the Sudan. Also called Nuba.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An inhabitant of the ancient Nubia or a person of Nubian descent.
- adj. Pertaining to Nubia, its people or its language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Nubia in Eastern Africa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Nubia, a region of Africa, bordering on the Red Sea, and south of Egypt proper. The name is merely geographical, Nubia never having existed as a distinct country.
- n. One of a race inhabiting Nubia, of mixed descent.
- n. In the Nile valley, a negro slave: from the large number of slaves at one time brought from Nubia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Nubia
Sorry, no etymologies found.