from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A logical operator that returns a true value if one or both operators are true.
- abbr. operating room
- abbr. operations research
- abbr. Oregon
- abbr. owner's risk
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- conj. Inclusive or; either one proposition or the other is true or both.
- conj. A lexical symbol to implement inclusive or in a computer language.
- conj. A logical gate to implement inclusive or.
- n. The binary operator inclusive or, true if one at least one of two inputs is true. In infix notation, it has values
- abbr. Oregon, a state of the United States of America.
- abbr. Orissa, a state of India.
- Initialism of operating room.
- Initialism of operations research.
- Olympic Record
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I think it's logical to assume that a majority of supers just wants to guard against a complete Obama meltdown, such as getting killed in PA (didn't happen) or IN, and/or losing states he should win like NC and OR.
When a wounded soldier or Iraqi civilian requires a massive transfusion in the OR, they'll summon someone with the right blood and just hook them up to the patient, in the OR.
Know at least three historic points of interest within the limits of your city, town or village, how to get to them and why they are historic, OR
Tend and gather a fruit crop such as apples, peaches, pears, cherries, oranges, or any other tree fruit, OR Cultivate and tend a small vineyard or grape arbor, and gather the grapes, OR
City or Town Hall, one Hospital of good standing, one hotel or inn, three churches, one Protestant, one Catholic, one Synagogue, and the nearest railroad, OR
Know the name and location of three buildings or places in your city, town or village, of interest from a point of beauty either of architecture, decoration or surroundings, OR
Know how to turn off the water or gas supply for the house and whom to notify in case of accident, OR
So that, for good or for evil, the whole Babel event must have produced a strong effect on the mind of a thoughtful man like Abraham, and raised many strange questionings in his heart, which God alone could answer for him, OR
Some centers may choose to perform the procedure in the hybrid room, some centers may choose to perform the procedure in the EP lab or in OR.
All information on featured companies is provided, and explicitly consented by the companies profiled, OR is available from public sources and makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the disclosure by the profiled companies or the information contained herein.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.