from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology Any of the ocean nymphs believed to be the daughters of Oceanus and Tethys.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of the sea nymphs, daughters of Oceanus and Tethys
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A daughter of the Titans Oceanus and Tethys.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A marine mollusk, as distinguished from a naiad or fresh-water shell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) sea nymph who was a daughter of Oceanus and Tethys
Greek ōkeanis, ōkeanid-, from Ōkeanos, Oceanus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)