from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The Indic language of Orissa, a state in eastern India.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. the official language of the state of Orissa, India.
- n. An inhabitant of Orissa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The language of Orissa, former kingdom and modern province lying between Bengal and the Coromandel coast. It belongs to the Indic branch of the Indo-European family.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Magadhan language that is spoken by the Oriya and is the official language of the Indian state of Orissa
- n. a member of a people in India living in Orissa and neighboring areas
Sorry, no etymologies found.