from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Ottoman Turk.
- n. Ottoman Turkish.
- adj. Ottoman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ottoman
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Turkish official; one of the dominant tribe of Turks; loosely, any Turk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the empire of Turkey.
- n. A member of the reigning dynasty of Turkey.
- n. A Turk subject to the Sultan of Turkey. See Ottoman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Turk (especially a Turk who is a member of the tribe of Osman I)
Turkish osmanli : Osman (I) + -li, adj. suff.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Turkish osmanlı (Wiktionary)