American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See ambarella.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See apple, etc.
- n. A fruit native to Pacific islands such as Tahiti.
- n. The tree that bears this fruit, Spondias dulcis
GNU Webster's 1913
- The fruit of a Polynesian anacardiaceous tree (Spondias dulcis), also called
vi-apple. It is rather larger than an apple, and the rind has a flavor of turpentine, but the flesh is said to taste like pineapples.
- A West Indian name for a myrtaceous tree (Jambosa Malaccensis) which bears crimson berries.
- After Otaheite (Tahiti). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘Otaheite apple’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Otaheite apple.