from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Pachycephalidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A genus of arborial insectivorous birds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ornithology, the typical genus of Pachycephalinæ, founded in 1826 by Vigors and Horsfield, having the head uncrested, and the bill as broad as it is high at the nostrils.
- n. In entomology, a genus of tachina-flies, or dipterous insects of the family Tachinidæ.
- In Crustacca, a division of Epizoa or fish-lice, containing the families Ergasilidæ and Dichelestiidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. arboreal insectivorous birds
Sorry, no etymologies found.