from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disease, occurring chiefly in old age, in which the bones become enlarged and weakened, often resulting in fracture or deformation.
- n. A form of breast cancer affecting the areola and nipple.
- n. A skin cancer arising from apocrine sweat glands.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bone disease osteitis deformans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Eczema about the nipple, terminating in carcinoma.
- n. Arthritis and osteitis deformans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disease of bone occurring in the middle aged and elderly; excessive bone destruction sometimes leading to bone pain and fractures and skeletal deformities
After Sir James Paget.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Named after British surgeon James Paget (1814-1899) who was the first to describe this disease. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.