from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of any of various, mostly Hindu peoples of Nepal and the Himalayan foothills of India.
- n. The group of Indo-Aryan languages spoken by these peoples, including Nepali.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In South Asia, someone from the hills, a hill-man; specifically a member of any of various peoples living in the Himalayan regions of India and Nepal.
- proper n. Any of various Indo-European languages spoken by the Paharis, including Nepali; this group of languages or dialects considered as a whole.
- adj. Pertaining to the Paharis or a Pahari language.
Hindi Pahāṛī, of the mountains, Pahari, from pahāṛ, mountain.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hindi. (Wiktionary)