from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of any of various, mostly Hindu peoples of Nepal and the Himalayan foothills of India.
- n. The group of Indo-Aryan languages spoken by these peoples, including Nepali.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In South Asia, someone from the hills, a hill-man; specifically a member of any of various peoples living in the Himalayan regions of India and Nepal.
- proper n. Any of various Indo-European languages spoken by the Paharis, including Nepali; this group of languages or dialects considered as a whole.
- adj. Pertaining to the Paharis or a Pahari language.
"Divine Seduction" features 21 paintings from India's Pahari region, illustrating the Sanskrit poem Gita Govinda.
Rs. 14 crore would be given to 2.1 lakh Gujjar and Bakerwal students and Rs. 10 crore to 1.51 lakh Pahari students as scholarship during the current fiscal.
She said that upliftment of Gujjar, Bakerwals and Pahari people is top priority of the government adding that various reformative and exemplary steps have been taken in Social Welfare department to deliver good services to these people.
During this festival 15 Pahari artists also performed.
He also raised the demands for Pahari block at Vilgam, Tehsil for Ramhal and Degree College at Kandi Nagri block.
Rahi said that prominentartistsof Kashmiri, Dogri, Ladakhi, Punjabi, Gojri, Pahari, Balti and Shina will perform in this cultural extravaganza.
Pavilion overhung the Mall; looking down one could see the coming and going of leisurely Government peons in scarlet and gold, Cashmiri vendors of great bales of embroideries and skins, big-turbaned Pahari horse-dealers, chaffering in groups, and here and there a mounted
The pad of his bare feet sounded along the veranda almost immediately, and the look in his Pahari eyes was that of expected reproach, and ability to defend himself against it.
Kaffirs, Mongolians, Pahari and other tribes of India, etc. Falkner says (126) that among the Patagonians in cases of adultery the wife is not blamed, but the gallant is punished
-- _Serow_, or _Serowa_, Pahari; _Eimu_, on the Sutlej;
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.