from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the biogeographic region that includes Europe, the northwest coast of Africa, and Asia north of the Himalaya Mountains, especially with respect to distribution of animals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. One of the major ecozones of the world, covering Europe, the old USSR territories, part of North Africa, and North Asia including the Himalaya foothills.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to a region of the earth's surface which includes all Europe to the Azores, Iceland, and all temperate Asia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the northern part of the Old World, or northern sections of the eastern hemisphere: distinguished from Nearctic.
- [lowercase] Of or pertaining to the fauna and flora of the Palearctic region.
Sorry, no etymologies found.