from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Greek Mythology Of, relating to, or characteristic of Athena.
- adj. Of, relating to, or characterized by wisdom or study.
- adj. Of or characteristic of the Renaissance architectural style of Andrea Palladio.
- adj. Of or characteristic of an architectural style of the mid-18th century derived from that of Andrea Palladio, especially in Britain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the style of the neoclassical architect, Andrea Palladio.
- adj. Of or relating to Pallas
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or designating, a variety of the revived classic style of architecture, founded on the works of Andrea Palladio, an Italian architect of the 16th century.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Greek goddess Athena, also called Pallas.
- adj. Pertaining to wisdom or knowledge; -- Athena being the goddess of wisdom.
- proper n. A follower of the architectural style of Andrea Palladio.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the goddess Pallas or her attributes; pertaining to wisdom, knowledge, or study.
- Of or pertaining to or introduced by Andrea Palladio (1518-80), an Italian architect of the Renaissance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. referring to or relating to or having the style of architecture created by Andrea Palladio
From Latin Palladius, from Greek Palladios, from Pallas, Pallad-, Pallas Athena.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)